/>

November 12, 2014

BookBlogWriMo | Advice for Newbie Bloggers


Welcome to Day 12 of BookBlogWriMo!

If you have been following our BookBlogWriMo posts, then you probably know how much we love blogging. We kind of just started one day, and took off on our own. Man, do I wish there was someone there to help us. Trust me, the best advice you can get about writing, reading, and blogging comes straight from the source--bloggers.

Today's topic is.....

Advice for Newbie Bloggers


Tessa

Just start. Blogging is one of the things that you have to do hands-on to learn. 
I hate to break it to you, but you will probably never make money blogging, so do not start just to get some cash.
Also, do not just blog for the free books and swag. Blog for the sake of blogging and because you love books and bookish people.
While knowing how to write is good, it is more important to know how to talk to people. Blogging is a community before it is a hobby.
Be original. I know this is hypocritical because it is used so much, but it is still important to know. Do not just do a post because everyone else is doing it. Write about the things that fascinate and inspire you. Eventually, (this will not happen overnight) the people of the Internet will realize how amazing you are and how passionate you are about your blog. Then, they will have no choice but to follow you.
Try your best on social media. It is crucial to be on social media, but you do not have to do everything. Pick a few sites that you like and update them frequently with good content.
Give back to the blogging community. It is common blogging courtesy to check out bloggers who comment/follow your blog. You do not have to follow them back, but let them know that you appreciate their attention.
Communicate with other bloggers. You can do this anyway you want! Email us, comment on our blogs, reach out to us on social media. ANYTHING! I speak for the whole blogging community when I say that we would love to talk to you. If you need help with a technical thing or are in a blogging slump, all you have to do is ask for help.
 If you are a new blogger and need more tips or just someone to listen to you rant, then just email me (you can find the email in the sidebar), talk to us on Facebook, or simply comment below.

Max

  • Post often, and add variety to what you write about--who would want to read tons of posts in a row that seem exactly the same? 
  • Don't stress yourself about little things. Realize that if you don't get as many comments as you wanted, life will go on, and that the world won't end if you don't get that one post up.
  • I think Tessa covered this pretty nicely, but involve yourself with other bloggers. Comment, follow, and just become a part of the community whatever ways work for you.
  • Don't be afraid to be yourself. Put a little bit of you in everything you do and write.





1 comment:

  1. I may not be a newbie blogger any more, but I still like reading these kind of tips and find them to be so helpful! I really liked the one about not being afraid and investing a little in you. And blogging is such an awesome community <3 It took me a year before I knew I wanted my blog to simply be a book blog and that's it, which meant a year without finding out much about blogging because I just jumped right in. But now I am glad I have discovered you all!

    ReplyDelete